Senior Counsel Ahmednassir Abdullahi and lawyer Mohamed Nyaoga, leaving Milimani Law Court after they obtained orders suspending laptop tender.
By SAM ALFAN
The high court has issued order stopping the award of the multi billion lucrative tender for the supply of Laptops, pending the hearing of application filed by Olive Telecommunication PVT limited challenging the decision of the review board to annul the award.
Justice Weldon Korir halted the move the Public Procurement, administrative review board, saying that the application substantive issues which the court is being asking to make a finding.
He said the application under certificate and brought city lawyer Mohamed Nyaoga, Guto Mogere and Mohamednasir is extremely urgent ought to be heard during the vacation and the same be disposed off.
The judge pointed out that the application and co-companies are international organization whose confidence must be bestowed to encourage other foreign investors.
He urged the application to serve the upon, the board, Ministry of Education, Hewett Packard Amsterdam Meyrin Branch and Haler electrical appliances corporation.
A section of MP’s have vowed to table a censure motion in Parliament against the Education Cabinet Secretary, Jacob Kaimenyi over the ‘botched’ laptop project.
Education Cabinet Secretary Jacob Kaimenyi said he will not resign over the school laptops tender row.
Speaking at a press conference on Thursday last week, the Education CS says his conscience was clear regarding the matter.
He, however, said his ministry would abide by the decision of the public procurement review board to cancel the controversial tender award.
The board on Tuesday last week ruled that the Indian firm Olive Telecommunications Company, which was awarded the deal to supply laptops in the Sh24.6 billion scheme, did not have the financial ability to deliver.
The authority instead gave the government a 45-day period to re-evaluate bids by computer firms HPU of the Netherlands and Haier of China and award a new supply tender.
Justifying the award to Olive Telecommunications, the minister had earlier said that the firm had quoted the “lowest and most advantageous amount” which would save taxpayers Sh 8 billion.
On Wednesday, a parliamentary committee threatened a censure motion against the minister if he did not resign, indicating that he had been arrogant when the met team.
The inter parties will be heard on 10 April 2014.