By SAM ALFAN
Nairobi businessman Mohan Galot who is in the centreof family feud got a temporary reprieve after a magistrate’s court directed his defence team to seek clarity from the high court on whether he should be charged with forgery or not.
Senior Principal Magistrate Joseph Karanja gave the orders after lawyer Kibe Mugai served the court orders issued by Justice Mumbi Ngugi on March 12 remain in place until the accused and claimant appear before the high court for further directions.
The magistrate said after going through the proceedings of the high court he realized there was need for the two parties to liase with the high court for clarity on the orders. He said the high court orders which barred the respondents in the case from arresting Mr. Galot until the matter is heard and determined remain in place.
Last week Mr Galot declined to take his plea after his defence team tabled in court a high court order stopping his prosecution in relation to ownership of company in dispute.
Through his lawyer Kibe Mungai the businessman informed the court that the summons to appear in court were against the high court directive which sought to stop the prosecution and police from taking any action against the businessman until the High Court matter is settled. Mungai told court that the high court order restrained the complainants from arresting or summoning Mr Galot in relation to the companies linked to the case.
He faulted the prosecution and police for issuing summons in total disregard of the high court order.