High court judge Issac Lenaola.
BY SAM ALFAN.
The recruitment of police in 36 stations scheduled to take place on Monday has been halted.
High court judge Issac Lenaola said the exercise shall not take place until the matter pending challenging the earlier recruitments heard and determined.
The court had given directed The National Police Service Commission and Independent Policing Oversight Authority to embrace negotiation to solve the recruitment fiscal, however when the parties appeared before the judge they said no agreement had been reached.
Justice Lenaola had said that the dispute over the recruitment process can be solved by parties sitting down to find out where the problem was, rather than engaging in court battle.
He pointed out those parties fails to agree the matter shall proceed to full hearing and the court shall make a determination.
He said before the dispute is solved there shall be no issuing of letters of appointment to any one from the recruited persons.
The matter has been set for hearing on 11 September 2014