ARREST OF GAME WARDERS LIFTED.

Posted on

ARREST WARRANT ON NAROK WARDENS LIFTED (1)

Two Narok county government Wildlife Services wardens Moses Kuiyoni (right) and Samuel Kishoyan, at Milimani law courts where they appeared before senior principal Magistrate Martha Mutuku after the court had issued arrest warrants in relation to the shooting of demonstrator issued on June 30th.The court lifted the warrant pending taking of plea on Wednesday next week on Friday 18 August, 2015..
.BY SAM ALFAN.
Nairobi court has lifted a warrant of arrest against two Game warders linked with the shooting dead of a protester during demonstration against the Narok County Governor seven months ago.
Senior principal magistrate Martha Mutuku said that arrest warrant issued against Moses Kuiyoni and Samwel Kishoyan , but directed that they appear before Capitol Hill police station on Monday 31 for purposes of recording statements.
The two suspects through their lawyer Okongo Omogeni they told the court that they have presented themselves to court after running that a warrant of arrest had been issued.
Omogeni told trial magistrate, that it’s in good faith that the suspects have appeared in court and its upon the court to exercise its discretion and lift the warrant.
The court directed that the matter be mentioned on September 2 .
Last month while releasing Narok Senator Stephen Ole Ntutu and four MPs who are under investigations over chaotic demonstrations late January 2015 warned them to desist from taking part in any demonstration.
Earlier the DPP dropped incitement to violence charges against Senator Ntutu and four MPs Johana Ngeno (EmurwaDikir), Moitalel Kenta (Narok North), Korei Lemein (Narok South) and Patrick Ntutu (Narok West).
The five were discharged after the DPP found no evidence to prosecute them.
The DPP urged the court to release the five suspects on bond saying he had received information that chaos had erupted in Narok the same morning as residents protested the arrest of the politicians.
During the protests, one person was injured while businesses remained closed as angry youths barricaded roads leading to Narok Town.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s